‘Its Fun Time’ theme by Rajsekhar CV, DTM
Minutes by TM Elroy Vaz
July 5th 2022
The club membership convened on Tuesday 5th July 20222 with presiding officer MTM Shruthi Shetty presiding. Members present were: MTM Pratibha Tiwari, MTM Nancy Roji, TM Prasad, TM Elroy. Members absent were: TM Irfan and TM Jitesh. There were 19 members present and 1 guest.
- Minutes of the previous regular meeting were reviewed and approved.
- Members with meeting roles were introduced:
- Toastmaster of the Day: Rajsekhar CV, DTM
- Table Topics master: Judith Serrao, DTM
- General Evaluator: Christina Cabading, DTM
- Evaluators: TM Rajan Tawade, TM Sabnam Saiyed and TM Yashashree
- Grammarian: TM Prasad Bartake
- Ah-Counter: TM Nancy Roji
- Timer: TM Shruthi Shetty
- Club specific meeting roles: Chrisitan Cabading, DTM was invited to assess the way the entire meeting was conducted.
In her Presidential address MTM Shruthi Shetty welcomed all the Toastmasters to the First meeting of the New Toastmasters year 2022-23 with the new EXCOM Officers, she highlighted the importance of setting intention with an example of an inspirational story of Kanika Tekriwal, Founder & CEO of JetSetGo Aviation with this she emphasized with an positive intention anything can be achieved.
She also introduced the tagline for the year 2022-23 as Rise and Shine in line with the Core Values of Toastmasters I.e. Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence. She welcomed the Founding member Rajsekhar CV, DTM to steer the meeting
Rajsekhar, DTM steered the meeting very smoothly interjecting with various snippets of humor incidents whilst naming a few members as part of his jokes. He did this with the sole purpose of communicating to members that real life instances bring that connection and liveliness of humor.
2. Prepared speeches were presented:
- TM Alok Mishra presented his speech L2P2; speech on Leadership from the Visionary Communication pathway. He stressed on different aspects of leadership, some ideas on how horses believe we are taking care of them.
- TM Pratibha Tiwari gave her L2P1 project on Leadership, from the Effective Coaching pathway, where she spoke on leadership demonstrated with a role play.
- TM Elroy Vaz presented his topic on Empathy; L4 P1 project form the Persuasive Influence pathway; he conducted a question-and-answer session. Demonstrated empathy through a live case scenario.
- Table Topics® questions were presented by Judith Serrao, DTM where she put forth a picture to each table topics contestant and asked them to elaborate on what they saw.
- TM Deepti answered the 1st question where she was shown a recent picture of Queen Elizabeth
- TM Rakshita was shown a picture which she interpreted as a Roller Coaster ride.
- TM Jinson interpreted the 3rd question as a beautiful resort in Sri Lanka which looked like a place in Kerala.
- TM Pankaj described the 4th question as a lady doing Yoga in a scenic place.
- Evaluations were presented:
- TM Rajan Tawade evaluated TM Alok’s speech showing him how Leaders know the way, go the way and show the way.
- TM Pratibha’s speech was evaluated by TM Sabnam who highlighted all the good aspects like her use of dialogue, characters she employed in her speech. She suggested that she works on the positioning of her camera
- TM Elroy’s speech was evaluated by TM Yashashree. She praised the use of story telling technique and suggested more vocal variety for better effect
- Reports from members with meeting roles were provided:
- Timer: MTM Shruthi accurately measured the meeting timings and highlighted to members from time to time when the meeting was overshooting.
- Ah-counter: TM Nancy Roji pointed to all speaker and role players appropriate use of Uuhs and Aahs
- Grammarian: TM Sabnam Saiyed raised good points on usage of grammar during the meeting and the inappropriate usage of the same.
- General Evaluator: Christina Cabading, DTM praised the speakers and evaluators and all the role players present. She wished the club greater heights in the days to come
- Club awards were presented:
- Best Evaluator: TM Yashashree K.
- Best Table Topics:.TM Jinson Pappachan
- Best Speaker: TM Pratibha, TM Elroy and TM Prasad
- Reports from club officers and committees were provided:
Meeting adjourned at 9:38PM.
TM Shruthi Shetty 05.07.2022
TM Elroy Vaz 05.07.2022
1 thought on “Minutes of the Meeting No. 411 – It’s Fun Time”
A great start of the year hilariously led by our opening Batsman DTM Rajsekhar the introduction, humor on members, coordination, we could witness the master in action 🥳🥳
The role players, Speakers, Evaluator added fantastic energy and value to their roles
Educational session on table topics by Judith, DTM gave us the idea on how to think on feet 🤗
Fabulous effort by VPE TM Pratibha coordinating with all the members 👍 Thank you TM Elroy for the excellent coverage of the meeting 🤩🤩