Name: TM Prashant Dembla
Club Officer Title: SECRETARY
Club Name: INNER UNIVERSE TOAST MASTERS
Minutes of INNER UNIVERSE TOASTMASTERS Meeting no: 306
The 306th IUTM meeting was convened on 8th July 2018, Sunday, with Toastmaster of the Evening – TM Mohammed Aslam presiding over the meeting.
IUTM EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE 2018-19 was present:
- President – TM Senthil Kumar ,
- VP Education- TM Abidul Islam ,
- VP Membership-TM Namrata Pandey ,
- VP Public Relations –TM Shruthi Shetty ,
- Secretary- TM Prashant Dembla ,
- Treasurer- TM Mohammed Aslam ,
- Sergeant at arms- TM Syamlal .
Total Members present : 17
The TME- Mohammed Aslam introduced the theme of the day: “GOALS”
- Goals are very important in life as they are a source of motivation to progress in life.
- A person should be growth-oriented rather than Goal-oriented.
Thought for the day was given by TM Alok Mishra :-
“Success required hard work and determination only then we can achieve great results”
Role Players ( Introduced by TME ) :-
- Greet Master : TM Syamlal, Timer: TM Prashant Dembla, Ah-Counter: TM Shruthi Shetty, Grammarian: TM Kumarappan, Quiz Master: TM Dipak Soni, Word Master : TM Mahanshu, General Evaluator: TM Jayakrishnan
- Table Topicsmaster: TM Seema Shetty
- Prepared speeches were presented:-
- TM Anitha – Title : “A Journey through Life” ( Ice Breaker- Pathways ) / Project 1
- TM Anitha introduced told about her journey from childhood till present and how her life changed after marriage.
- TM Ramakrishnan – Title: “Use your strength ,manage your weakness” ( Ice Breaker- Pathways ) / Project 1
- TM Ramakrishnan introduced about himself and how he used his strength in studies to accomplish high goals in life and he also improvised on his English speaking skills.
- TM Namrata – Title: “Yoga, the way of life” / Advance Project 3
- TM Namrata emphasized that YOGA is a whole body philosophy it guides us how to to breathe properly and control our mind .YOGA consists of (1) Pranayam (2) Stretches (3) Asans (4) Meditation
- She also demonstrated Chair Yoga which can be practiced for just 5 minutes in a day.
Football Quiz was conducted by TME – Mohammed Aslam .
- Table Topics® questions were presented:-
- TM Mahanshu -answered the question, “Do you think having goal can be dangerous” ?
- TM Rakshita (Guest) -answered the question, “Can you compare between goals and relations” ?
- TM Deepak Soni-answered the question, “Thanks giving speech on accomplishing your goal”
- TM Maushomi (NMC toastmasters) answered the question, “Importance of goals in life”
- Evaluations were presented:-
- TM Mahanshu evaluated the speech from TM Anitha .
- He suggested more eye contact with the audience using Humming Bird technique .
- TM Prachi evaluated the speech from TM Ramakrishnan
SUGGESTIONS :- .
- She suggested that he could have told more about his family and try to connect more with the audience.
- TM Shahjahan evaluated the speech from TM Namrata
SUGGESTIONS :- .
- He suggested that TM Namrata should have maintained the timing rule and overall she justified the expectations of the Advanced Project.
- Reports from members with meeting roles were provided:-
- Timer : TM Prashant – All the speeches were delivered within time and were qualified for voting
TM Namrata delivered a great speech in Advance Project 3 but took 14min 11 sec to complete the speech.
- Ah-counter: TM Shruthi – gave the feedback for some Toastmasters who used Ah, Er, Umm sounds.
- Grammarian: TM Kumarappan – didn’t find any grammatical error in the speeches.
- General Evaluator: TM Jayakrishnan gave the following SUGGESTIONS :-
- Meeting started at 7:40PM, the meetings should start on time.
- Timer lights should be lit only one at a time.
- Advanced Speech was very informative but TM Namrata didn’t stop after red light.
- The Quiz session by TM aslam was tough for the audience.
- Table topic master should be addressed in Table topic sessions.
- The title – Toastmaster must be used before addressing a Toastmaster instead of directly taking names.
- The presentation by TM Abidul was very motivating .
Club awards were presented:
- Best Evaluator: TM Shajahan
- Best Table Topics: TM Mahanshu.
- Best Speaker: TM Anitha
Meeting adjourned at 9:45 pm